57 970 usuarios ya aprenden un idioma extranjero en Edustation.

Regístrate hoy y consigue un bonus de 10 monedas.

Si quieres saber más acerca de nuestro sitio web - haz clic aquí

Todavía no


¿Todavía no tienes cuenta ?
Blog de Edustation > UK & US - 10 Words That Mean Something Different

UK & US - 10 Words That Mean Something Different

Añadido por Tomasz H. 8 septiembre 2014 categoría: Learning tips, English, Lexicon


UK - refer to an alcoholic drink

US - refer to either short trousers or underwear


UK - the metal cover over the part of a car where the engine is

US - a hat for a baby that covers the head and ties under the chin, or a woman's hat


If you were tell someone to eat a rock:

UK - they’d be chewing a hard rock candy

US - they’d be chewing a stone from the ground


UK - a car with seats for four or five people and a separate area at the back for bags and cases

US - a place where alcoholic drinks are sold and drunk; a bar


UK - a covered space at the back of a car

US - a type of shoe that covers the foot and the lower leg


UK - the seats on the main floor of a theatre or cinema

US - a small enclosed space used for a particular purpose


UK -a  long, thin mark on the surface of something

US - a line of people or things waiting for something


UK - a sudden change in the blood supply to a part of the brain

US - to move your hand or an object gently over something, usually repeatedly


UK - a type of lawyer in Britain and Australia who is trained to prepare cases and give advice on legal subjects

US - someone who asks for money or tries to sell you something


UK - a room with glass walls and a glass roof, usually connected to a house, used for growing plants

US - school for music

Etiquetas relacionadas:

Comentarios: (0)

No hay comentarios todavía

Tienes que estar registrado para dejar un comentario
Mobile Analytics